If you use Types plugin on your website read more about this on their blog: https://wp-types.com/2017/11/types-plugin-is-moving-to-be-a-part-of-the-complete-toolset-package
Apologies to those that may have noticed an unintended activation of the ‘AddToAny Share Buttons‘ plugin on their blog. This was network activated on 29th September and has now been deactivated. You are free to reactivate this plugin specifically on your blog if you wish to use it.
There is a bug, that will be fixed in the next release of bbPress plugin, related to assigning roles.
One can still assign forum user roles by using the drop down menu at the
bottom of the page – the bug affects only the drop down menu at the top of
the Users page.
Further information regarding the status of this bug can be found here:
If you want to use bbPress on your blog, you will need to make a support request to the Research IT team via https://servicedesk.bristol.ac.uk/tas/public/xfg/researchit or by email firstname.lastname@example.org to grant the additional permissions required to use this plugin.
The task of installing and upgrading plugins (and themes) is done for you. So you will not find the “Add New” button, which is normally under the Plugins section.
If you cannot find the plugin you would like to use, from the ones already installed under the Plugins section, then you can request that we install additional plugins.
- First find the plugin you would like to use
- Thousands of free plugins can be found here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/
- Contact the Research IT team via https://servicedesk.bristol.ac.uk/tas/public/xfg/researchit or by email email@example.com. Include the following information:
- Functionality required
- Name of the plugin
- Plugin URL/website address. NB: If you want a custom or paid for plugin installed you will need to supply the plugin files
- Link or name of your blogs/website
Please note, we will not install plugins that are not compatible with the recent versions of WordPress or haven’t been updated in the last two years. Where similar functionality is available by an already installed plugin, please make it clear in your request why you need this additional plugin installed.