If you need a new website, in the first instance you should always get in contact with the Digital Communications team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to create a new blog or website
Note for new users: we are migrating blogs on https://blogs.ilrt.org to a new network.
If you do not already have a blog
- Go to http://blogs.ilrt.org/wp-signup.php
- Enter a short name for your site
- Enter your UoB email address. It accepts email addresses ending in @bristol.ac.uk, @bris.ac.uk and @ilrt.org for website creators
- Press the “Next” button
- Check your email and log into your new website
If you already have a login for *.blogs.ilrt.org website
- Log into https://blogs.ilrt.org/wp-login.php
- Go to https://blogs.ilrt.org/wp-signup.php
- Enter a short name for your site in the “Site Domain” box. This will appear as a prefix to .blogs.ilrt.org in your website’s address.
- Enter a title for your website in the “Site Title” box.
- Press “Create Site” button.
Web style guide, a central resource for publishing content to the University of Bristol’s web presence and social media channels.
Common queries can be found in the FAQ section.
To request additional plugin or theme to be installed from wordpress.org go to the request help section.
A popular next step for some research groups is to use a different domain name with your website.